Welcome to the Academic Senate
The Berkeley Division of the Academic Senate represents Berkeley faculty in the shared governance of the University of California. This website provides links to numerous useful resources and information, including committee rosters, meeting dates, and agendas; reports and recommendations made by divisional leadership and committees; and issues currently of concern to Senate members.
To learn more about the charge, authority and structure of the Academic Senate and the Berkeley Division, visit About the Senate.
- Budget Information Session, March 16, 2:00-5:00 PM - flyer
- Berkeley Emeriti Association call for nominations - deadline March 2
- Notice of Election for spring 2015 Berkeley Division elections
- New Date: Spring Division meeting date has changed to April 22
- Guidance for faculty on students arrested during the recent demonstrations
- Free Speech Movement - 50 year commemoration of the Senate vote in 1964 (video)
- CSS Survey - Initial Results
- Candidate Suggestion Form for University Librarian Search
- Update on online education at UC Berkeley
- Admissions, Enrollment, and Preparatory Education crash course
- For topics still under consideration, see Issues page.