Welcome to the Academic Senate
The Berkeley Division of the Academic Senate represents Berkeley faculty in the shared governance of the University of California. This website provides links to numerous useful resources and information, including committee rosters, meeting dates, and agendas; reports and recommendations made by divisional leadership and committees; and issues currently of concern to Senate members.
To learn more about the charge, authority and structure of the Academic Senate and the Berkeley Division, visit About the Senate.
- Call for Nominations (open until February 10): Berkeley Faculty Service Award
- Faculty Town Hall meeting on intercollegiate athletics: find details here.
- Call for Nominations (open until January 13): Dickson Emeriti Professorship and the Constantine Panunzio Distinguished Emeriti Award
- Janet Broughton and Bob Jacobsen receive the 2016 Berkeley Faculty Service Award
- Divisional Council statement on the suspension of a student-facilitated course
- Search process for appointing the next UC Berkeley Chancellor
- For topics still under consideration, see Issues page.