Welcome to the Academic Senate
The Berkeley Division of the Academic Senate represents Berkeley faculty in the shared governance of the University of California. This website provides links to numerous useful resources and information, including committee rosters, meeting dates, and agendas; reports and recommendations made by divisional leadership and committees; and issues currently of concern to Senate members.
To learn more about the charge, authority and structure of the Academic Senate and the Berkeley Division, visit About the Senate.
- Elizabeth Colson (Anthropology) receives 2015 Constantine Panunzio Distinguished Emeriti Award
- 2015 Berkeley Faculty Service Award announced for George Johnson and Harry Scheiber
- Hanna Holborn Gray has received the 2015 Clark Kerr Award
- Academic Senate Budget Information Session Slides
- Professors Denise Herd (Public Health) and David A. Weisblat (MCB) receive the 2014 Leon A. Henkin Citation for Distinguished Service
- Free Speech Movement - 50 year commemoration of the Senate vote in 1964 (video)
- CSS Survey - Initial Results
- For topics still under consideration, see Issues page.