Welcome to the Academic Senate
The Berkeley Division of the Academic Senate represents Berkeley faculty in the shared governance of the University of California. This website provides links to numerous useful resources and information, including committee rosters, meeting dates, and agendas; reports and recommendations made by divisional leadership and committees; and issues currently of concern to Senate members.
To learn more about the charge, authority and structure of the Academic Senate and the Berkeley Division, visit About the Senate.
- Division meetings scheduled for November 5, 2015, and May 3, 2016
- Joel Altman and Carlos Munoz Jr., 2015-16 Dickson Emeriti Professors
- Professor Tyrone Hayes is the 2015 recipient of the Leon Henkin Citation for Distinguished Service
- Elizabeth Colson (Anthropology) receives 2015 Constantine Panunzio Distinguished Emeriti Award
- 2015 Berkeley Faculty Service Awardees announced - George Johnson and Harry Scheiber
- Hanna Holborn Gray has received the 2015 Clark Kerr Award
- Academic Senate Budget Information Session Slides
- Free Speech Movement - 50 year commemoration of the Senate vote in 1964 (video)
- CSS Survey - Initial Results
- 2015-2016 Committee Roster
- For topics still under consideration, see Issues page.