- The term "modification of legislation" means enactment of new legislation and amendment or repeal of existing legislation. (En. 3.89)
- The term "legislation" denotes only By-Laws and Regulations of Senate agencies.
- The term "memorial" designates a declaration or petition addressed to the President for transmission to The Regents.
- The term "resolution" designates a declaration or petition to the President not intended for transmission to the Regents.
- The term "legislative agency" denotes only:
The Assembly of the Academic Senate;
A Division of the Academic Senate;
An assembly of the Division.