This Committee has at least seven Senate members from various disciplines.
This committee nominates candidates for the Clark Kerr Award, the Berkeley Faculty Service Award, and other awards, honors, and prizes.
- Clark Kerr Award
- From time to time it nominates to the Divisional Council, for presentation of the Clark Kerr Award, an individual considered to have made an extraordinary and distinguished contribution to the advancement of higher education.
- The Award consists of a medal bearing the profile of Clark Kerr and a suitable inscription.
- Cost of the Award is borne by voluntary contributions from the Faculty or other funds available to the Division, but not by State moneys.
- Berkeley Faculty Service Award
- Annually the committee solicits nominations and recommends to the Divisional Council, a member of the Berkeley Division who has given outstanding and dedicated service to the Berkeley campus.
- This Award consists of a monetary award equivalent to that of the Distinguished Teaching Award, and a commendation modeled on the Berkeley Citation.
- Other awards, honors, and prizes
- For some external awards, the committee supplies nominees to the Office of the Chancellor upon request.
- In other cases, the committee interacts directly with schools, colleges, and departments through their designated award committees or individuals to identify nominees.
- The committee encourages schools, colleges, and departments to nominate their faculty for appropriate external awards and, if desired, to establish a mechanism for nominations.