This Committee has at least eleven Senate members, of whom a minimum of two should be past recipients of the Distinguished Teaching Award; and three student members, two undergraduate and one graduate.10
- Study issues concerning teaching and general pedagogy innovations and best practicies on the campus and make recommendations to the Berkeley Division.
- Through its subcommittees, encourage and aid departments and the campus to strengthen efforts to foster, recognize, and reward good teaching by:
- Nominating members of the Faculty for approval by the Divisional Council to receive Distinguished Teaching Awards and other awards as appropriate.
- Providing regular feedback to the Center for Teaching and Learning on outreach and engagement practices.
- Reviewing campus updates on the use of core academic technologies and supported campus learning tools.
- Collaborating with the academic advising community to address issues of concern.