Each Faculty conducts the government of its College or School, subject to the following limitations:
- A Faculty is a committee of the Division, is responsible to the Division, and may from time to time be instructed by the Division.
- A Faculty may adopt By-Laws and Regulations consistent with the By-Laws and Regulations of the Division, which are submitted as an informational item to the Division and printed as an Appendix to the Berkeley Division Manual.
- A Faculty selects its officers, except for the executive officers of the College or School, who are administrative appointees.
- A Faculty may delegate its authority to committees or to its officers.
- Instructors of less than 2 years' service have no vote (Senate By-Law 55).