In addition to ex officio members, By-Law 64, members of this Faculty are:
- All members of the Academic Senate who are members of the Department of Social Welfare.
- Three members of the Academic Senate holding appointment in allied professional schools at Berkeley and San Francisco; and
- Three members of the Academic Senate holding appointment in the social sciences departments at Berkeley.
- These six members shall be appointed by the Dean of the Graduate Division on nomination of the Executive Committee of the Faculty after consultation with the Deans and Department Chairs concerned.
- They shall serve for one year and may be reappointed.