The degree of Bachelor of Arts will be granted upon the following conditions. The candidate must have: (EC.00)
- Completed at least 120 units, of which at least 40 must be from outside the College of Environmental Design and at least 34 in upper division courses. No more than 60 units in upper division courses of any one department will be counted toward the B.A. degree. Not more than 70 units of lower division transfer credit will be counted toward the degree.
- Satisfied the general University requirements: SR 630, 634, 636, 638; and Berkeley Regulation 300. (CC. 4.89)
- Satisfied a general breadth requirement specified by Faculty of the College.
- Satisfied requirements of a major program defined by Faculty of the College.
- A maximum of 4 units of Physical Education activities courses may be counted toward the B.A. degree.
- A maximum of 16 Special Studies units may be counted toward the B.A. degree.
- Proposals for new majors, as well as changes in requirements for all existing majors in the College, must be submitted to the Executive Committee of the College for approval before publication and before they become effective.
- Candidates for the B.A. degree must attain at least a C (2.0) average overall in all courses required in the major program, at least a C average in the upper-division courses required in the major program.
A student who has completed eight semesters (or the equivalent) in all institutions attended will not be permitted to register in the College of Environmental Design without permission of the Dean of the College. If permitted to register, the student is subject to such supervision as the Faculty of the College directs.
A student may complete an unlimited number of units beyond the minimum 120 semester units required for graduation on condition that all requirements for the degree are completed and the student graduates within a maximum of eight semesters (or the equivalent) in all institutions attended.