- After 90 units toward the Bachelor's Degree have been completed, the remaining units must meet the following residence requirement (except as otherwise provided in this Section and SR 614):
- At least 24 of the remaining units must be completed in residence in the College or School in which the degree is to be taken.
- These units must be completed in at least two semesters (the semester in which the 90 units are exceeded, plus at least one additional semester).
- A Summer Session can be credited as a semester in residence if the number of successfully completed units is greater than, or equal to, the minimum number of units required for a semester of residence. (En. 3.85)
- A student enrolled in a systemwide program or course (see SR 630) or in Berkeley Abroad programs may be permitted to satisfy the residence requirement by completing 24 units in residence in the College or School in which the degree is to be taken, after the student has already completed 60 units. At least 12 of these 24 units must be completed after the student has already completed 90 units. Students may be required to obtain approval from the department concerned and the dean of the college or school prior to enrollment in one of these courses or programs.
A291. Senior Residence
(Am. 4.25.02, 05.03.17)