The basic steps for modifying an approved course are as follows:
- Locate the course by typing in the course code and course number in the Search Approved Courses section at the top of the page in CMS(link is external)
- Open the course by clicking on it in the list.
- Choose Modify from the Actions menu on the left side of the page.
- Click the Change button next to the first section that you want to make changes in.
- Make the appropriate changes to the course information and click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Change button for any additional sections and make appropriate changes.
- Be sure to enter a Justification on the Finishing Up screen. Provide any information that makes it clear to COCI reviewers the reasons for the request. If requested changes are substantial, attach a new syllabus on the Finishing Up page.
- Submit the proposal online to the Department Chair for approval by pressing the Submit button at the bottom of the Course Summary page. Once approved by the department reviewer, the proposal will be automatically forwarded to the next step in the review process—usually to Academic Senate Staff for COCI review.
Note: Course Toolbox Section 6.4: Proposal Pages elaborates these steps further.